Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Barely Scratching the Surface

Looking back to my last post in March it seems like a few years have gone by since then! Both professionally and personally it has been one hell of a ride. From a huge chaotic move experience to our insane journey with LL and back home to our beautiful little mess who is growing so quickly sometimes its hard to wrap my mind around.
So in the midst of harnessing a very strong willed 2 year old, the reality of Livingston Lures and the constant change of our new home, I have decided to make a conscience effort to choose "happy" every morning when I wake up. Sounds like such a simple task, but let me tell you there are days my eyes are forced open by the alarm clock and I just want to lay in that bed FOREVER. No people, no husband, no daughter, no business, just pillows, blankets and sleep. But once the coffee is poured and seeps into my blood stream my head clears and I am choosing "happy". Now to keep that "happy" all day is one huge pill to swallow. One phone call, text, email, social blah blah can knock that happy right out the window. And that's where God steps in. Cause Lord knows I am not able to do this without His help. As I write this blog, I am sitting here wearing a tshirt that I wish I could wear every day. It says, "All I need today is a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus" Isn't that the truth. These days are constantly filled with bustle. I read something the other day about a little girl who asked her mom why adults always tell each other how busy they are. A competition of who's busier. I just love kids. I love to sit and talk to them and hear their answers.. so honest and innocent. But as I thought about it, I do that ALL THE TIME. Oh we are always soo busy. I think it's time to change this way for me and me house. My sweet child has really helped put that into perspective. When I am pushing her too hard so I can finish my errands, when she HAS to eat her lunch NOW so I can get things done, when I drag her all over town to complete my tasks, I will look over at her and know it's time to slow down. There are so many different aspects of our lives. When people ask me what my husband does and I explain he has a fishing lure company, most look a little confused. You guys and fishing? Yep that is right. And even though at this very moment that does take up the majority of my husbands time these days, that barely scratches the surface of who we really are in this life. With summer coming to a close and one last major tourney on the agenda this year.. I think it's time to really start revealing to ourselves and the world just what else is below that surface.

1 comment:

  1. Love this beautiful friend... love it completely. And you look fit as a fiddle in this photo. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete