Monday, January 25, 2010

The Week I will Never Forget

Monday started off with meeting after meeting. But this wasn't just any ordinary week, this was the week we were preparing for one of the biggest days of our lives. We were preparing for a meeting at our State Capital on that Thursday. Tuesday came and went, more meetings, more preparation. Dropping off clothes to be altered, dry cleaned, shoes shined, haircuts. As Wednesday arrive, this was a memorable day for me. I had set up a meeting with a State run organization in Austin. Our team, which consists of my husband,CEO and our CTO were supposed to accompany me to this important meeting in Austin. At the last minute they were both called into a mandatory meeting. So as I am rushing up to Austin, I was so proud of myself because I was actually going to be 20 minutes early. But of course, it turns out I had the wrong address. As I finally reach my destination about 10 minutes after schedule and am frantic to find the right floor in the building. As the man I am supposed to meet approaches me, he walks me into a room with two other individuals in a conference style setting, and two guys on a conference call in the center of the table. I froze. Completly intimidated at this point. I quickly apologized for the tardiness and dove into a 30 minute meeting that was conducted by yours truly. It was this day I learned of the leader I was born to be. After attending each meeting I had made that week completly solo, I realized it is time to come out of the shadows, rise above, and take control. Wednesday came to a close, and I tried to give my husband everything he needed to prepare for his presentation the following day. It was late by the time I was done with all my errands, so I decided to pick up his favorite Chinese food. As we finished our meal, our ritual is to each pick a fortune cookie and read them aloud to eachother. For some strange reason we had gotten 3 fortune cookies this time. So we did our usual and opened our cookies and each read them to each other. His read something about not being able to read the future. My was a saying about a feather in your hat. Well as I am cleaning up my husband hands me the third cookie and says let's hold it together and break it at the same time. And right before we broke it in two he prayed,"Lord, please let this be a positive message for tomorrow." As he said that we broke the cookie in half and I read the message aloud for us. "Your present plans are going to succeed" And that was the end of the beginning of January 21st 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment