Monday, January 24, 2011

If it makes you happy, then why the hell are you soo sad?

Well the first month of the new year is coming to a close. And what a fantastic start it was. We have worked hard, prayed even harder and are starting to see our harvest bare fruit.

But as I write this my mind wanders to all of the other facets in life. Love, friendship, marriage, relationships, family.. and I am left with all of these thoughts running through my head. Some relationships are failing, others are on the mend, others want to find love so bad they are missing out on the life around them, while some have love right in front of them and have no idea. Friends are coming and going and the lifelong ones begin to take form. Family beginning to fill the spots of those friends now in the distant past. As I hear story after story about struggles and happiness, uniting and new opportunities, I can't help but to have an opinion about it all.

I believe life is this long battle we have to get through. Sometimes we are in the trenches fighting front line combat and then at other moments we are sitting high in the horizons maintaining the battle ground. Then there are the glorious days where we have conquered the opponents and the battle has ended for now. I believe we were given partners to help in this battle called life. This partner should be your number one, your right hand man (or woman), the one who makes this incredible journey bearable. When one is down the other is up. When one is defeated, the other is triumphant. The partnership becomes one unit and absolutely nothing or no one person can come between that inner unit. Your unit against the world. With the odds already against us, why do we so often cling to those who create more battles??

I also believe with my whole heart that my partner was divinely delivered onto my path by NO mistake. As I stumbled through my final years of college, between work, school, boys and the night life, my husband made his way into my life. If you ask him how we met, he will tell you that he had been praying and praying for his Mrs. and along I came. My mom would pray for a "nice young man" to settle this young Leo. The prayers were heard and answered. This unit is solid, secure.. and sealed with Gods approval. I will endure any battle with this partner by my side. That being said, we are continuously attacked on a daily basis, our bond tested to absolute breaking points. But we will NEVER let it break. To date, this is the hardest challenge of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment